Introduction to your instructor and the course
This course is based on the Help with Hounds puppy class, which I run for hundreds of clients each year
However, you will benefit from lots of extra content and the ability to re-visit everything you learn, at your pace
- Take your time. It is recommended that you work on each module for a minimum of 7 days, before moving on.
- Work through the course in order.
- Do not be tempted to jump ahead. The course is structured in this order to gain maximum benefit.
- Ensure you get 100% on the quizzes before you move on.
- If you don't understand the key points, you will not get full benefit from the course.
- Keep practicing previous lessons, even when you move on.
- Learning and reinforcement is a lifelong process.
Please note: Each module of the course will become available 7 days after the previous one, to help you work through the course in order
Introduction to your instructor
Hi, I’m Matt
I am an accredited IMDT member and trainer (Institute of Modern Dog Trainers) and studied with the International School of Canine Psychology & Behaviour (ISCP), achieving a level 5 diploma in canine behaviour (with distinction) in May 2020. I am also an approved KAD (Kids around Dogs) trainer, helping children overcome their fears and teaching them how to interact with dogs. I am proud to display the UK Dog Behaviour & Training Charter symbol.
My family has always had dogs, I have volunteered with the RSPCA as a dog walker, care for my own big and fluffy Labradoodle and have helped clients on a 1:1 basis and various weekly classes since June 2020
I only use modern, force-free and effective techniques.
Me and the doodle.................... :)